Glow plugs Broke

Al3dHell

Hello guys! The car is a E90 M47 '06 automatic.

Three years ago i went with the car on a ride and i've stopped somewhere for 30minutes.
When i came back i wanted to go back home. I've put the car on R and drive back 3 meteers and the car died.
It was my first time experiencing this. When i arrived home i've used ISTA to check the errors.
The car got 5 errors : glow plug module & glow plug 1-4
I've replaced them with new ones from BERU ( the glow plug module and glow plugs ).
The car was fine without errors for an year. The the errors came back. I drove 15k kilometers in that year.
I've watched videos to repair the 2 relays and i did it. I've checked them with a multimeteer and they were good.
The 2 repaired lasted me only 1 month. I saw that a lot of people didnt had problems with them repaired.
I didn't want any more troubles and i got a new one again. But unfortunately it lasted only a few weeks.
And since then i drove the car with it broke. I had no issues with the car.
But lately, the car died again.. And a lot of times almost dies when i start it and i rotate the wheel.
The car has only that 5 errors. I don't know if the glow plugs is affecting my car with something.
What am I supposed to do now? Replace it again and it would last me again 1 month?? I'm not willing to pay 160euros monthly only on the glow plug module.

Any help will be welcomed!

Morning Alexandru

Welcome to the Forum

Normally the Glow plugs shouldn't affect the engine running their job is to heat the combustion chamber to help atomise fuel in very cold conditions.

While there is no other fault registered I would check the fuel delivery system? When was the fuel filter last changed? Check the Fuel Pump Relay? Fuel Pressure at the fuel rail and the fuel pressure sensor.

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links