'03 E60 530i SE with no free 12V/lighter sockets?

sharkfin

Hi, 

In my used '03 E60 there don't seem to be any free 12v sockets. 

There is something where the socket should be but I can't tell what could possibly be plugged in there. Suspects are the Traffic Master or mobile phone cradle which is situated under the armrest.

I've attached some pictures of the ashtray. Whatever's pugged in there doesn't seem like it would come out easily or was designed for frequent pluging-unpluging.  

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks. 

20220710_190500.jpg

20220710_190508.jpg

Morning Bill

Welcome to the Forum

Never seen a unit like that before I would guess it's an aftermarket part fitted by one of the previous owners.

If there is a Phone Cradle in the Arm Rest there should also be a bluetooth unit in the boot. As a thought does your car have the OEM radio/Nav screen? Or does it have an aftermarket unit? If it is after market that could be a bluetooth link (just guessing here) For what it is worth my X5 similar vintage was fitted with TM as standard along with OEM Nav screen. The TM subscription expired an 2006 and I removed the unit from the Boot everything else still works Nav, Radio, CD even the tape player behind the screen.

Dave

14 hours ago, Greydog said:

Morning Bill

Welcome to the Forum

Never seen a unit like that before I would guess it's an aftermarket part fitted by one of the previous owners.

If there is a Phone Cradle in the Arm Rest there should also be a bluetooth unit in the boot. As a thought does your car have the OEM radio/Nav screen? Or does it have an aftermarket unit? If it is after market that could be a bluetooth link (just guessing here) For what it is worth my X5 similar vintage was fitted with TM as standard along with OEM Nav screen. The TM subscription expired an 2006 and I removed the unit from the Boot everything else still works Nav, Radio, CD even the tape player behind the screen.

Dave

Hi Dave, 

Thanks. I'm glad to have joined the forum. 

It has the OEM screen. There don't seem to be any nonstandard devices on the car which makes this all the more confusing. 

Morning Bill

You coul disconnect it see if anything stops working ? A thought by one of my sons was a Music streaming device but then there should be something connected at either the Radio (BM54) unit in the boot or the CD player worth a look.

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links