Headlight Issue.

Dynamark75

Hello All, New to forum

My wife's 2016 X3 had a cracked Right hand (Passenger) headlight and a low beam malfunction, So I order a used bare replacement assembly (Xenon adaptive same as original) . I replaced the ballast and the bulb and swapped over the TMS board and the low beam works now, but now the inner halo is yellow. I figured the LED driver was bad on the used replacement, so took the LED driver unit out of the old headlight which both halos worked fine, and installed on the replacement headlight, and it was still yellow, scavenged the second LED DRL driver out of the old head light and swapped still yellow. I am assuming the only thing left it could be is the TMS module, even though it didn't present this problem earlier. Could it be something else? I cleaned off the electrical connections with Deoxit, including the TMS board and interface.

I am new to the coding process for BMW's I just ordered a ENET cable and a USB OBDII cable and downloaded ESYS, and in the process of trying to find a copy of Rheingold, but if this present to be to technically for me is there a service that Bimmertech or other company offers to do remotely?

Thanks again.

Morning Timothy

Welcome to the Forum

X3 have their own section 

This is a new one though ? You seem to have moved everything you can from the original unit, not something silly like the actual bulb is it? I have read of none OEM LED drivers that are programable never seen or dealt with them though.

Never used BMW E-sys are you sure the Halo's are programable? Keep us up to speed with how you get on

Dave

Ty for the reply,

To my knowledge the LED driver itself is not programmable it’s just a small PCB with two SMD, and LEDs That mount into fiber optic cables that Transfer the light into the halo, All of this is sitting on a big aluminum heat sink.  It is not typically a replaceable part as it is integrated into the headlight assembly. 

The LED driver it self is controlled by the TMS module,  Which I’ve read Can begin to fail and reduce voltage or signal to the LED driver causing yellowing, flashing, flickering.

So the Coding part Will be related to installation of a new TMS only  either used or new.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links