BMW 330d xDrive Luxury Line

Hi all,

Glad to be here and to talk with car enthusiasts who know what a good, solid and fast car is!

I’ve recently bought a BMW 330D xDrive Luxury Line 2013. I absolutely love the car and I’m so glad that I bought it. To power is so smooth and the auto gearbox is so smooth I’ve never known a car to be that nice! (Bit harsh over bumps but has 18inch wheels so it is what it is).

I’m just wondering if anyone has any servicing tips for the engine? I don’t want it to have any problems and want to make sure it lasts for a long time and I’ve heard they can go for over 300,000m with no problems if looked after properly. Someone I did a course with told me he sold his at that milage and was still perfect with no issues. He was Polish and used to take his 330D from England to Poland and back with no problems. Is there anything I need to keep an eye on? Is it worth re-mapping it to get more power and will it improve my MPG? (A lot heavier on diesel than the 1.4 fiesta I used to have haha).

If anyone could give me any tips on what to look out for and when to service it that would be fantastic!

Regards,

Rob

Morning Rob 

Welcome to the Forum

My brother inlaw has rum a number of 530d engine variant's he is currently on his 5th a 540 xdrive, basically the same engine you have in all of them. His cars are brought new and all have exceeded 200k miles before being traded in for the next one all have been ECU tuned as he to travels a lot in Europe for business and likes to scare the odd Porsche driver.

His cars are all Dealer serviced to maintain history warranty etc, but neither of us agree with modern extended service schedules so we carry out interim services oil filters every 5/6k  don't forget the gearbox make sure that is serviced to ZF schedule fluid and filters and you should be fine. The rest is normal wear and tear stuff suspension bushes, brakes, tyres etc.

His early cars had issues with swirl flaps an a few EGR problems which we fixed, but the last 535d covered over 200k without issue latest car has just passed 70k.

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links