118d ruining my Xmas, please help!

Kathy

Hi all. My 2010 118d suddenly died on me last week, losing all power. I left it for a few days due to work commitments, tried it a few days later and it was fine. However this morning when I started it, it was almost like the diesel wasn't getting through and it kept cutting out. I've had a friend plug a basic diagnostic reader into it and get the following codes:

P3043

P0401 EGR

P0101

I'm aware it's a really poor time to be asking folks so thanks in advance if anyone can give me any pointers, I'm working all over Xmas and I am desperate. 

Morning Kathy

All codes are EGR related (I think your EGR is electric) pointing to a clogged or failed EGR. It will need taking off and inspecting and either cleaning or replacing.

If your friend has a code reader they should have some spanners the job isn't difficult just take your/their time. Search youtube for some video help also look at www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of your Vin Number into the search box it will bring up your model the search the sections for the part you need. Each section has small exploded drawings and part numbers so that if you need a replacement (new or used) you get the right part.

Good Luck try and enjoy the break

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links