530D or 535D?

isaneng

Gents,

Please excuse my apparent stupidity, (it's real, not just apparent...).

So, Q is as per the title. 2016, 5 GT. Now I know it's a big car (I'm old and fat), but in the real world UK driving traffic, is the 535 worth the extra cost? I won't go back to a 4 pot whilst I have more than thruppence ha'penny in my pockets, and I currently drive a 530D F10, but I would appreciate any thought, warnings, advice or even scathing laughter..........

Thanks chaps, Isaneng

Morning Rick

Welcome to the Forum

The BMW straight 6 engine is one of the worlds great engines in petrol or diesel flavour. The 530d, 535d and indeed the 4.0d and 550d M engines are based on the same 530d unit with changes to inlet, exhaust, number of turbo's etc etc 

My brother inlaw is on his 5th 530d the last 2 have been 535d he travels a great deal in Europe (his business is in Holland) he has a heavy right foot so all his cars have a good workout. All have a complete BMW history plus we do interim stuff when they visit. All have been ECU tuned the 535d variants are capable mid range acceleration that scares Porche drivers while still returning high 30's mpg 

So if your a white haired hooligan like my brother inlaw or more sedate the 535d will give more Smiles the 530d more miles 

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links