Swapping to a 5 Series

BungleBonce

Hello form a newbie.  I'm currently changing car to a G31 530d, which is listed as having the Technology Pack.  Some online reviews/information states that this includes the BMW dislpay key - can anyone confirm if this is correct on a UK car?  Many thanks in advance.

Morning Gav

Welcome to the Forum

Great choice of car Enjoy

Do you have a large key device (about the same size as an old Motorola Flip phone) that is the display key. My Brother Inlaw has it with his 535d Touring his description is a cool show off toy that stays in the draw at home due to it being so bulky he has the BMW App on his phone that gives just about the same access I think the remote parking is about the only thing that he needs the Display Key for, all showy stuff in reality used once or twice.

Check the Idrive Screen for the Display Key app, If it's there  but you don't have the key !!! Lord knows what BMW charge for a new Display key or what the Faff would be if it has to registered to your chassis.

Dave

Hi Greydog, I haven't collected the car yet, but it's at a main dealer and advertised with thd Technology Pack, which ive read comes with the display key. 

Obviously, the options are a major factor in the value of the car, so if it should have it, I want it to be there - even if it is just a bit of a gimic. 

Sounds like you will have the Bells and Whistles then Gav

My brother Inlaw found the Display Key just to bulky when he had his Mobile, Wallet and Keys that lot with the Display Key was a pocket buster. 

Hope you really enjoy your new motor when you get it.

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links