Tyre control inactive fault

JonnyC

Hi I've got a 2003 X5 3.0d UK car with the early type RDC (tyre pressure monitoring system) which has a message display of 'tyre control inactive'. Rather than replace the wheel sensors at a significant cost can anyone advise where the RDC module is because I'm assuming that if I remove it then this will stop the annoying dash chime/warning message? Many thanks in advance. 

Morning Jonny

Welcome to the Forum 

Aren't they great those "bongs" do you flinch when you get one 🤣 it is a BMW wallet alert.

The tyre pressure monitoring system can be disabled by anyone with the correct software such as BMW 1.4.0 or INPA or Autologic Carly for BMW  (subscription) 

I use BMW 1.4.0 and turning off the TPMS is a "tick box" exercise, or there are tyre sensors available from many sources now even read they are on Amazon and they work. Just a pain to fit as it is tyre off !!

If you do your own maintenance it is worth getting a diagnostic program as it will save hours in diagnostics. Once you know the issue you can make decisions about whether it is a home job or Garage. 

X5's are notoriously power hungry especially at start so many stored "fault codes" are caused by low voltages and can be cleared easily. Then make sure the battery is fully charged clear the faults and re-start any faults that return need investigation.

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links