BMW E87 CCC NOT WORKING ELECTRICAL FAULTS

laure147

Hi looking for advise what could be wrong with the car 

So I bought the car there was no original CCC unit inside the car so I bought second hand one installed it but nothing is working screen stays black just DVD room is buzzing I have checked all the fuses and wiring seems OK 

Car as well wont lock or unlock with the key fob  

I have checked fault codes and there is no communication with :

No communication with amplifier
No communication with Audio system controller
No communication with Cd Changer
No communication with Telephone control unit
No communication with Aerial tuner
No communication with Headunit

would it make the difference if i recode the new CCC unit its from the same car and same year

130162335_4146669902015557_8910876763183351848_n.jpg

130258791_4146670125348868_5142384893013341969_o.jpg

Morning Laurynas

Welcome to the Forum

If there was no CCC when you brought the car do you know why? Had the previous owner had an issue and changed it to an aftermarket unit? If he did is the loom complete? Is the Most Bus OK? Are the other units there ?

You will definitely need to code the unit to your chassis, did your car have the business system or professional system (not sure that parts are interchangable). I did read a few years back that there are coolant hoses for the CCC if there is a leak the result is a dead CCC. 

I would try one of the Vin Decoder sites to check your cars build sheet so you are confident about what was fitted

Good Luck

Dave

Hi Dave thanks for your reply 

Yes theres was installed after market unit but it had adapter cable to supply power to the after market unit 

Its got navigation system professional

How do i check if the BUS is ok and yes theres is all units there 

Thanks

Morning

First you will need the location of all the units connected to the bus www.realoem.com will help. I may be teaching Granny a bit but a Fibre Optic bus is in simple terms a ring main the signal travels in one direction around it so if a unit is down/incompatible the signal stops there, The signal generally will start at a Bus Gateway and travel through each unit and on to the next until it is received back at the Gateway. When you unplug the Fibre optic connector you should see a flashing light indicating the signal is there, some units have a test lamp which flashes when the fibre optic is plugged in some don't so unplugging the next unit in line will reveal either a flashing light. If no light suspect the previous unit. There are bypass/test plugs available so if you find a dead unit plug in the bypass and check the next inline. Laborious but basically simple to do.

Several manufacturers use optical systems these days so there are bound to be "How Too's" on You Tube or similar, Google is your friend

The key fob could be as simple as the keys need pairing to the car or the antenna is faulty.

Dave

• Like 1

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links