X5 Sport changing entertainment system

robellingham

Hello,

I just purchased a 4.4 sport and love it to bits but it is a 2005 model and the entertainment system, although clearly very good back in the day won't talk to my phone etc so I am looking to pull it out and pop in a new touch screen apple play unit. My dilemma is that I have noticed that the current on board computer has settings to control the auxiliary heater and set a timer for it which I like the idea of and I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience of this and whether there is a way to transfer this feature to a different unit?

Many thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob

Check out Dynavin UK

I put a Dynavin unit into my 4.4 when I had it and got it talking to the car and retaining all the OBC stuff that was 10 years ago the new units are streets ahead with all the "bells and whistles" I am told 

Apart from running the 5m extension from the boot it was plug and play looked OEM and out performed all the BMW tech that was fitted. I sold all the BMW stuff on the Bay and recovered the cost of the Dynavin unit

They were very helpful on the phone when I was fitting it, I would give them a call

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links