Central locking

Raff zeus

2005 X5 E53, drivers door would not open from outside broken handle carrier  replaced by,- disconnecting battery,(ready for air bag removal), removed door switch gear,light and air bag, peeled back vapour barrier  removed lock by undoing hex screw, disconnected ball joint swivel, removed broken carrier,replaced with new one, rebuild door,handke works fine, door locks on key, but central locking (by key fob)working on all days except drivers door!, center consul lock switch also not working, changed door lock motor/ actuator, still no central locking to drivers door,initially interior lights stayed on and dash message said door open when driving, turned lights off, message not returned  all fuses ok,.

Any ideas as to why all doors work fine on fob, except drivers, and consul lock button non operating. T.I.A.

Morning Norm

Welcome to the Forum

First I would back track and make sure that everything is connected correctly and no pinched wires, pay special attention to the Drivers door window control switch (it is the master) remove the connectors and clean the pins with a good electrical connection cleaner. Then reconnect and test you could also try removing cleaning and replacing fuses 20 & 24 (check that as my old brain might be tricking me) 

Hope this helps

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links