LCI seats into pre LCI?

Beallie

Hi, hoping that someone can advise before I create any problems...

I am putting a set of LCI 2009 sport seats (heated, elec lumbar, and headrests that pull out so not AHR?) into my son's pre LCI 2006 116i (those seats were basic with just the side airbags, seat belt pre-tensioners, and headrests that do not pull out although apart from the fact that they will not release and pull out there is nothing to indicate that they might be AHR).

I disconnected the battery before doing anything, then removed the original seats and now and have got the newer seats in place, but I am a bit concerned about possible error messages and air bag lights coming on when I reconnect the battery.

I would have thought that the car would recognise the airbags and pre-tensioners and be ok. The heated and lumbar elements will not work as the car won't be feeding them through the seat connector plugs.

Am I missing anything about the headrests or am I ok to reconnect?

Also, if this swap is ok, how much would I be looking at to get a good indie to wire in and code for the heated and lumbar elements, as that stuff is well beyond me?

Any help very much appreciated 

thanks, Andy 😀

Hi Andy

Welcome to the forum

Have you cross checked part numbers as trim parts often are used in several models if you aren't aware www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of the vin in the search box and check part numbers. I would also check out www.newtis.info to look for howto's as it is a BMW technical site Dealer level information. Both sites have exploded drawings so you should get/see all the information you need. On a 2006 model most of the harness should be in place with only heater switches needed and plugged in again the lumber adjustment are the seats electric adjustment?  if the plugs are there then you probably need fuses and relays 

As the original seats had airbags disconnecting the battery should throw lights on re connection  

When I got the BMW I brought BMW 1.4.0 a diagnostic program which I keep on an old laptop it allows me to do lots of stuff and keep the old girl up to date.

Dave

Hi Dave, thank you for your post.

I decided I'd better just crack on and reconnect the battery and see what happened - all good so far thankfully so fingers crossed it stays that way. I'll look into the tech site and the diagnostic program for sure as the scanner I have is no doubt quite limited.

Good News Andy

When looking at realoem and newtis if there are any "extension or connection looms" needed you will see where they are and what the part number is. As an example my X5 had a Motorola phone in the arm rest I converted to Bluetooth which is straight forward but needed an extension loom and eject box which were easy to find (Ebay) and easy to fit "Plug and play".

With the diagnostic program it isn't just fault finding you can register stuff to the chassis if needed as well as turning on functions that BMW leave turned off and would obviously charge for.

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links