Persistant problem

S Coleshill

6 month old 1 series in workshop again to have a 4th attempt at removing a message telling me that Comfort Access is restricted.  Anyone else having the same issue?  Vehicle is not fitted with Comfort Access !

Edited by S Coleshill
Additiona info

Hi Susan

Welcome to the Forum

I have never heard of this issue with the newer cars, however with my 16 year old X5 all the access functions are enabled/disabled by a check box program within the cars control modules. My logic follows that if say "Comfort Access" is checked but the module isn't present would the control module think it was in fault and trigger the light?

Probably way off but it seems logical. Of course you could suggest that to make it an easy fix they just give you Comfort Access (emphasis on GIVE)

Good Luck

Dave

On 7/15/2020 at 2:51 PM, Greydog said:

Hi Susan

Welcome to the Forum

I have never heard of this issue with the newer cars, however with my 16 year old X5 all the access functions are enabled/disabled by a check box program within the cars control modules. My logic follows that if say "Comfort Access" is checked but the module isn't present would the control module think it was in fault and trigger the light?

Probably way off but it seems logical. Of course you could suggest that to make it an easy fix they just give you Comfort Access (emphasis on GIVE)

Good Luck

Dave

Just now, S Coleshill said:

Hi Dave.  2 Software updates been installed and 1 new module.  2nd new module now winging it's way in from Germany.  I asked the same question, install Comfort Access FOC.  Cannot be done it has to be factory fitted!!!!   BMW's Ultimate Driving Experience at it's worst.  The saga continues.  Thanks SC

Morning Susan

Can you smell man cow droppings!! Their own Technical Information system gives instructions for the fitting repair etc of the Comfort access 

Sadly Dealers vary as do their personnel my local Dealer is pathetic yet the Dealer in Guildford is great both part of the same group!

Maybe start escalating to BMW UK if this fix doesn't work 

Good Luck

Dave 

2 hours ago, Greydog said:

Morning Susan

Can you smell man cow droppings!! Their own Technical Information system gives instructions for the fitting repair etc of the Comfort access 

Sadly Dealers vary as do their personnel my local Dealer is pathetic yet the Dealer in Guildford is great both part of the same group!

Maybe start escalating to BMW UK if this fix doesn't work 

Good Luck

Dave 

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links