2013 330d m sport auto gearbox noise

Beps79

Hi All. I've recently purchased a 2013 330d m sport with the 8 speed auto box. Today I noticed a noise coming from the gear stick area , sounds like I've dropped something not loud just a clunk type noise. Only happens when pulling away and again when coming to a stop. Any ideas would much appreciated. Car changes gear smoothly and pulls like a train. Hoping it's normal and I've just not noticed before as I've only had the car 2 weeks haha 

Hi Steve

Welcome to the Forum

From your description I would guess gearbox mount or UJ/Doughnut coupling. The 330 diesel can produce serious torque so bushes take a hammering, after all you have been driving like Miss Daisy's Chauffeur but the previous owner may have been a tad enthusiastic 😁

Dave 

Thanks for your reply Dave , I'll have the box mounts checked. Hopefully it's not anything too costly haha these forums are great for info and possibly learning about any potential common faults. Thanks for your time it's much appreciated 

You are welcome 

Also worth considering the gearbox may need a service the older 5/6 speed boxes (as fitted to my X5) should be serviced every 100k kilometers. However BMW in their wisdom stated sealed for life?? many gearboxes suffered with a lurch/hard down change on slowing to a stop.

Worth considering getting a gearbox service done, as you have just brought the car maybe twist the Dealers arm a bit

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links