self levelling suspension

tunebyear

after lowering the air suspension which did not quite make it i press to midway, it sort of raised a bit, then thinking press the high setting maybe the system

needs flexing, the whole car raised, and would not deflate down, We had to drive some 20 miles like this, it would not come down,  a real bone shaker.

I checked all fuses, found a relay wrapped up under the plastic lid next to the battery tested that which was ok, I believe there is another relay under the hood { behind the glovebox } i found two there but not sure which one, Im thinking the small one.   I then thought deflate the bags then maybe it will reset it self, I slackened the hoses on the two bottles in the boot, the rear came down but not the front, thats interesting, wonder if its the compressor that vents out via a solenoid that may be to blame.

the compressor pumped the back up to the high setting.   Then it started to rain, thats it call it a day.

I have ordered a scanner which might help, ...More to learn about.

If anyone has any tips that would be great, 

Morning tunebyear

Welcome to the Forum

A scanner will certainly help you not just with the suspension. Make sure it is a BMW specific scanner or you will only see generic codes nothing specific your car.

Take a look at www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of your Vin in the search box it will bring up your model. This site is a BMW parts list with exploded drawings so you can see where stuff fits.

Also look at www.newtis.info a BMW Technical Information site the same information that Dealers use which again should help.

Enjoy your new educational toy

Dave

Thank you Greydog.

Im hoping to steal my 8 year old grandson when I get a scanner which as you point out will be BMW specific.

thanks very much for the two links, spare parts list and the Newtis.info. I have spent days on google trying to find any scratchings

This is like a dream come true and keep me quite for a long time. Many thanks

tunebyear

Hi Tunebyear

You can also get some great information from www.pelicanparts.com an American site so the steering is on the wrong side but they do have some really good "how too's" with pictures.

An 8 year old is a useful tool to have in the box, they are much bendier and tend to be intuitive with techy bits.

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links