G20 M Sport Suspension

Hi

New to the forum and just looking for a bit of advice. I'm about to order the G20 320d m sport but i have read a few reviews where they state the m sport suspension gives a really harsh ride. Granted the test cars were on upgraded 19" wheels

The car would be on standard 18" wheels but I don't have the option to go for the adaptive suspension.

I currently drive a 2016 C220 with AMG line suspension which I think is fine and I was wondering how the two compare.

Previously I drove 2006 3 series m sport which was a bit harsh, I am assuming the ride quality would have improved since then?

I not looking for pure luxury but at the same time don't want to be driving a bone shaker.  In your opinion Is G20 M Sport passive suspension suitable for an every day driver?   70% motorway 30% A/B roads.

If anyone can share there experience it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Morning Mark

Welcome to the Forum

One mans "sporty" ride is another mans bone shaker so without testing one you may never know until it's to late. My X5 4.6is runs standard 20" wheels with low profile tyres, depending on make the ride is always on the hard side but road noise levels can be quite high. By comparison my 18" winter wheels give a better ride and less road noise, also runflats are well documented for contributing to a harsh ride.

ENJOY

Dave

Hi Mark

From what I have read and my brother inlaws experience run flats give a harsher ride due to the firm side walls that give them their ability. They also seem to transfer/generate road noise once they become about 50%+ worn (brother inlaws 5 series experience)

He goes through the run flats then fits standard tyres Bridgestone is his personal choice plus he carries some tyre goo and a small compressor just in case. He commutes in Europe so his cars are high milers and I don't remember him mentioning a puncture but he does prefer the less harsh ride and less road noise.

Until your driving the car it is difficult to say it may be your happy with the ride/road noise, if not try a change to non run flat when replacement is due.

Dave