E320D start button behaving stragely

Stevekane

Hi, Im trying to get a grip on a problem with my sons 2007 E320 Diesel estate,,its been reliable untill this recent wet weather, drove to work no problem but later the car will not start,,whats odd is that the start procedure, ignition on, depress clutch, press start button results in all the fault lights illuminating but engine not being turned over,,let go of start button and starter motor kicks in and keeps turning the engine over untill the start button is pressed again,,and throughout all this the engine does not start. The car has prev been an instant starter and now as I write Im wondering is this behaviour with the start button is in fact normal with the engine firing up cancelling the start command? Anyway, I wonder if anyone could point me towards a likly culpret to check on for the non starting and if the start button behaviour is normal?

steve.

Morning Steve

A diagnostic session may help to point you in the right direction so many modules are linked and so affect the others. Sounds like it could be water ingress somewhere considering the weather lately 

Have you looked at www.newtis.info it is a BMW technical information site (same information that Dealers use) there may be some clues there, fingers crossed

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links