Newbi!

Gaz2781

Hi

looking for some advise as I’m new to this car seen!

recently purchased a e46 convertible and I’m looking into possible engine upgrades as although it gets along quite nicely and sounds smooth I’d quite like a little more umph!! And drama! 
it’s a 325i msport automatic, any advice on upgrades welcome, and don’t say buy a M3 because  I got this at an absolute steal from an old friend who has hardly driven it in the past 7years.

Cheers 

E3E2D1FC-62E4-4F05-B5AB-DCBAC58B5FD5.jpeg

• Like 1

Morning Gary Welcome to the Forum

Very nice looking Beemer

Engine upgrades are a simple question of how much do you want to spend? 

1. An ECU remap easiest and possibly least expensive, this should get you around 10% increase in power on a normally aspirated engine.

2. Above with Intake modifications (Ideally this is done before the remap to get the best result) small power increase.

3. Exhaust upgrade combined with the above you will sound like you have a big increase but in real terms the power difference is small

4. Engine upgrade, to say the 335i but you will also need the ECU and all ancillaries but with an ECU upgrade will give almost double what you have now. Down side now you will be having to spend on better brakes etc.

So how deep is your wallet or how much can you do your self?

My personal choice would be an ECU upgrade and keep it as is which will protect it's resale value.

ENJOY

Dave  

Hi Gary, welcome,

All I did with mine was use a Bluefin Device + a K&N air filter. Have had many issues BUT performance is not one of them. Unfortunately, Superchips do not support your petrol driven car.

https://www.mybluefin.co.uk

Mine is supposed to be 389 bhp. Mmmm.....We'll see.

Regards.

Richard

jh67g.JPG

Hi Richard

Gary has the the normally aspirated 2.5 petrol which standard will give about 190 bhp as standard, after a map upgrade it should be around 200/210 with intake and exhaust maybe 250, there are several companies who can remap his car I have used these guys in the past http://www.remapscience.co.uk/bmw_ecu_remapping.html 

Whereas your beast started life with a couple of fat turbo's to help it breath !!! 380+ bhp must give 800+ maybe 900 Nm of torque in a tennis shoe size car hells teeth that's got to be awesome mid range. My X5 after it's engine rebuild showed 320 whp on the dyno with around 600 Nm  0 to 60 just over 5 sec, pretty good for a fat 2.5 ton 4x4, but just not in the same league as your pocket rocket. ENJOY

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links