New to BMW and new on here

Hi everyone, hope all is well ?

a few weeks ago I purchased a 335i saloon, I didn’t let it put me off the fact that it’s been mapped by AMD running 381bhp, the performance is awesome, the reliability is 100% and I love it !!

just being nosey as to what kind of 0-60 time it would push, will be going Santa Pod late feb to find out, also will the engine withstand that sort of power without anything going wrong ? (It’s a 2008 335i saloon)

many thanks for any pointers and or advice in advance 🙂 

Steve

Welcome Steven

Wow sounds serious I did read a few years back of an M3 (same engine type as yours) which was delivering 400+ hp at the rear wheels. If I recall it was a daily driver so reliability must have been acceptable 0 to 60 (or 100kph 62mph) BMW claimed 5.5 sec's which on it's own is seriously quick ultimately traction will determine how fast you move off the line. When power overcomes grip you wont go faster you just melt rubber. That much power will put extra load on the suspension bushes and links so their life may be compromised dont forget diff mounts and gearbox mounts.

ENJOY

Dave

Thanks very much both, I shall try to do my best and not break it, I’m quite lucky in one respect, I bought the car with a list of work that’s been done, usual stuff like coil packs, high pressure fuel pump, new crankshaft seals (big and expensive job), rocker cover gasket etc etc, I’ll keep you all posted 🙂

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links