Star rated tyres

Gibbyleo18

I am looking for advice, does it really matter if I fit non starred tyres to my f31 with rear wheel drive and 17 inch alloy non staggered, or do I have to fit starred? 

At the moment I have starred fitted but are terrible in wet driving conditions

Morning Daniel

Star rated tyres were developed to protect AWD systems, mainly the transfer case from damage caused by different rolling radius front and rear. As your car is rear wheel drive it will be fine with non star rated tyres. I would still make sure they are within the sizes recommended in your hand book, I assume your current tyres are run flats you could also move away from them just get a can of tyre goo and a small compressor for the boot.

Dave

Morning Dave

Thank you for your reply, I can confirm I have starred Bridgestone tyres non run flat but find them very dangerous in the wet under normal driving acceleration and braking. I was looking at getting mps4 but they weren't starred rated but now I know that I can get non starred tyres I can look around. Any heads up for best tyres for my car size is 225/50 r17w 94 or 98?

Cheers

Dan

Afternoon Daniel

Mine are a tad larger 275x40x20 Fronts 315x35x20 rear I am currently running Yoko's and very happy with them Winter wheels are 255x50x18 Wintrac Extreme.

On 17" you will get a better choice I am sure, it tends to be the bigger the rims the narrower the choice I used to run Godyear Eagle F1 on my Mercedes 

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links