Drinking ALLOT of oil

Nitenurse

Hi newbie here but i hope someone can help me,

I bought a 116i sport from listers Boston in June last year& every thing was cool for 2 months then oil level comes so topped it up 1 ltr

then 600 miles later "BONG" oil light again! 

Anyway i could go on, but get this!.......in the 6 month of driving it iv put 9 ltrs of oil in it!!!!

I took it back to Listers  in kings lynn where i'm from & they said there was no record of the oil light coming on from the key!! & almost 

said i'm lying!!

Theres no black smoke & no white stuff on the filler cap, so i'm taking it back to Listers Boston today to try and get something sortred

I'm worried i may of bought a Lemon!

Anyway any help would be cool

Cheers Darren.

Hi Darren

Sounds high but I do know BMW quote about a litre/1000 miles for the N43 engine. I also read somewhere that they used 0-40 or 5-40 oil in some engines to cut consumption.

First did you buy it from Listers? is it covered by the BMW AUC (Approved Used Car) scheme if so you should have at least 12 months comprehensive warranty, if so put pressure on. You can also use any BMW Dealer not just Listers like all things in life some are better than others. If you do have the warranty it may be worth extending it for 12 months to protect your wallet if something is amiss.

Good Luck hope this helps

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links