Oil for E46 320Ci (103k miles).

WilliamOxford

Hello there,  I have owned an E46 320Ci (2001) from new. The mileage is currently 103,000 and, apart from a few minor corrosion spots on the wheel arches, the car remains in excellent condition. I have always used Castrol 0W 30 fully synthetic oil, as originally recommended by BMW. I note that BMW main dealers now sell their own oil formulation and, as my car's engine is over the 100k mark, I wonder whether I should continue to use my regular oil or switch to another grade. I live in the UK and add approximately 1 litre of oil every 800 miles or so (note that the car has always been somewhat heavy on oil). Many thanks! William.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear BMW Owners' Club Admin,  Many thanks for your kind reply to my enquiry about oil grades. I've just booked an oil service with my local dealership, so presume they will use their current proprietary oil.  With best regards,  William.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links