New member and 1st time BMW owner

rototom

Hi everyone, just joined and have my first BMW. I have a 316 TD Sport. Can anyone tell me the model number  E.... I feel the headlights are , to say the least, poo, any advice on a plug and play replacement.I think at present,they are standard halogen units. Is there any way to turn the Music off when parked or is it only by locking the doors.Thanks in advance.

Morning Joe 

Welcome to the Forum for information on your car have a look at www.realoem.com put in the last 7 digits of your vin and up will come a full parts catalog for your car, model, type and accessories either fitted or available.

Headlamps can be upgraded to Xenon or LED but I believe that would need new units so may be costly to achieve, a bulb upgrade will be the most cost effective. 

Hi Joe....welcome to the Club

I believe you can see the model code printed on the boot struts (if fitted) but otherwise, as Greydog has suggested, fire up realoem and trace it through there.

Not sure about powering off the audio when locking the car but as for the headlamps...Greydog has once again hit the nail on the head....bulbs are certainly the best way forward in the short term

Cheers,   Trevor

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links