Good morning all,

Im now the proud owner of a 2007 X3 M Sport in black which looks & sounds good despite its 163000 miles (did put me off a bit as Ive never owned a car with this amount of miles on it) The only immediate issue I have is that the one key that came with the car is well fooked, ie, no remote & held together by tape. The key does still manually open the doors ok & starts the car with no probs but I do want to get hold of 2 new keys. Ive seen some on Ebay which are about £30 & are the full key uncut & never programmed etc. Do you know if these are worth getting & where is a good place to gets them cut & programmed etc. Or is there someone on here that can supply new keys & set them up as needed? Great site & thanks for any help / advice that you can give me & also what things should I keep an eye out for re my high mileage motor

Hi David...welcome to the Forum

I have had a quick look and there doesn't appear to be the usual replacement cases and button covers for rebuilding your old one.

There are a few listed in the link (below) but you would need to swap the internals and the key blade to use it without having to programme it and get the blade cut if just using the one key.

http://www.bimmerownersclub.com/parts-results/X3/Ignition-/61687

Let us know how you get on with it.

Also, common fault on the X3 engine is for the inlet manifold valves to drop into the engine so the mod is to remove them and fit blanking plugs...may already have been done.

Cheers   Trevor

Thanks for this Trevor & yes the keys on Ebay link were the ones I hadain mind :)

Can you explain a bit more re valves bud & how I check them, as I said, the car has done 163000 miles now but is still really smooth & quiet :)

Hi David

I would imagine the best way is to have a look for the blanking plugs in the inlet manifold...you may need to remove it to check this is the case and if not, then order some from ebay (plenty on there for sale) and fit them as soon as possible.

Let us know how you get on with it

Cheers   Trevor

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links