116d EfficiencyDynamics fuel consumption

After many years away from the iconic BMW brand I decided to buy a 116d EfficiencyDynamics just recently.  'Bertie' is a 2013 model with only 18,000 miles on the clock and in superb condition.

For the past 20+ years I have been driving diesel engined cars and am known for getting the most amazing fuel consumption figures, but in my new wheels I have to admit that I am almost exceptionally disappointed with the fuel consumption figures achieved to date.

The zero VED costs for this model as well as the claimed 74 mpg overall fuel consumption were in part what decided my choice, so you can only imagin how disappointed I am to be achieving so far only 58mpg whilst driving in 'Super Eco' mode and with a feather light foot along the almost traffic free and flat Lincolnshire roads in the surrounding to my house here in very rural Lincolnshire................  Impressed I am not, but that doesn't stop me absolutely loving this little car.

I wonder if other owners are finding similar figures?

It's probably worth keeping an eye on things like tyre pressures, load in the boot, fuel level (full tank/low tank level), etc to see if anything improves.

Keep us informed if you do find anything makes a difference and gets you nearer the claimed figures...you can only live in hope! :yes:

5 hours ago, Trevor said:

It's probably worth keeping an eye on things like tyre pressures, load in the boot, fuel level (full tank/low tank level), etc to see if anything improves.

Keep us informed if you do find anything makes a difference and gets you nearer the claimed figures...you can only live in hope! :yes:

Thanks for your comment Trevor................ But nope I can't blame the tyre pressures as they are all 100% spot on and the vast majority of my very limited mileage to date  has been done either one or two up with next to no luggage apart from the very occasional bit of shopping.

'Bertie' has a full dealer service history and since taking ownership, I have ensured his lungs have been fully cleaned out.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links