I have just bought a 116d Efficiency Dynamics

Buzzy-Beans

Many a long year ago when I was a petrol head I was very fortunate to be the tem[porary guardian of an E21 323i that someone had shoe horned a 2.8 motor into it.  It had virtually standard wheels and a decent limited slip diff and boy oh boy was it fun to drive and scared the living daylights out of many far faster looking cars along the way!!

But as time went by I eventually ditched any thoughts of tyre ripping petrol power and started to get just as much fun out of stretching as many miles out of a tank full of fuel whilst at the same time also still enjoying the cars I was driving.

Then a few weeks ago I decided to go one step further and go for a car with ZERO VED as well as some quite rediculous claims for fuel economy........... swallowed all the manufacuters claims and ended up buying an amazingly low mileage 2013 registered 116d Efficiency Dynamics.  I have already got to love the car and its' total integrated feel of onne-ness, but what I can't get my head around is how can BMW get away with making the claims they do for the fuel economy?  I mean to say the figures as detailed in Autotrader are Urban mpg 64.2, Extra Urban 83.1 & Touring 74.3.  No matter how softly I drive 'Bertie' in and around the flat rural Lincolnshire countryside where we live, we never get any more than an exceptionally soft pedalling 59 mpg and when going into Lincoln itself this will plunge to the low 40's.  So where or how the hell do BMW come up with such amazing figures?

All the best

Hi Philip...welcome to the Forum

I know what you mean about the mpg claims, I drive a Honda CRV as a daily smoker and I have never managed to get near the claimed figures but the way I see it is if I am happy with what I'm getting and its more than I get from my Z3, I can live with that!

Look forward to reading your posts in the future

Cheers,  Trevor

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links