Hi everyone

Yesterday I bought an E92, 57 plate 320 diesel automatic. (177bhp pre-LCI) in RED

The paintwork on it currently is fantastic, it has been really well looked after and the red paint shows no signs of fading. However, and I know it sounds silly, I didn't think about the paint fading until after I signed the documents. The age of the car and it's current condition lead me to believe that I'll probably have answered my own question.

Can anybody tell me if BMW red paint is liable to fading? I know that recent cars don't tend to. But I just wanted to know, as I'm not too clued up on this kind of thing. I assume BMW use good enough paint and protection to stop this kind of thing happening. See attached photo for the paintwork on the car.

Thanks in advance

image.jpeg

Hi Harry, the paint looks really nice at the moment.

I wouldn't worry too much. Modern red paints are far better than the red paints of old. You're probably thinking about pink vauxhall corsas and things like that but paint technology has come a long way since then! 

Just make sure you look after it and polish/wax it at least a couple of times a year to keep it in good shape and you should be fine :yes:

36 minutes ago, E46King said:

Hi Harry, the paint looks really nice at the moment.

I wouldn't worry too much. Modern red paints are far better than the red paints of old. You're probably thinking about pink vauxhall corsas and things like that but paint technology has come a long way since then! 

Just make sure you look after it and polish/wax it at least a couple of times a year to keep it in good shape and you should be fine :yes:

This is what I thought, if aught to go out and buy a decent wax then. Any recommendations? I don't pick up the car until Sunday anyway.

Ah, that's exactly what I bought the other day, the dealership delayed it until tomorrow as there is still cars to be put through their workshop before mine, so I'll be collecting it tomorrow. I used to have a 2001 E46 320D and loved it. Then went and bought a mini (crazy I know) but I was doing 2,000 miles a month and needed something a bit more fuel efficient, but now my mileage is around 6,000 a year I'm jumping at the opportunity to get another Beamer, to say I'm excited is an understatement. The manual gearbox in the mini is absolute pish, so hard and stiff. So I'll be glad to jump into an auto!

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links