BMW E34 5 series exhaust welding repair 520i SE AUTO saloon

vtr vince

1994 5 series BMW 520i home made exhaust pipe   

1. 1. 1994 5 series BMW 520i exhaust

• do you wont help
    • do you wont an exhaust pip fabricated

1994 5 series BMW 520i1994 5 series BMW 520i:wink:

I welded my E34 exhaust in the summer of 2015

I did have a local garage that cut the 4 bolts that held the approximately 3 meter 2 box exhaust forest garage in Leyton London used oxyasetalen  as the bolts had been on the car since 1994

as I was a blacksmith & welder fabricator  for 20+years  it was just making the templates for the back box out of paper, the trouble was getting a sheet of clean new 2mm steel as I finished smithing in 2008  due to steel prices going thro the roof .when I phoned the steel company's they had gon out of business !! 

so the only thing was to use steel from a heavy duty gas barbeque covered in enamel

by using the paper templates & tailors chalk marking out the shapes I cut the 2mm barbeque into the parts that I could bend and hammer into shape.

I ground either side of the enamelled steel were I would be mig welding the pictures show what can be constructed

I did this to my car because I could not find a pattern exhaust & to buy an exhaust from BMW was out of the question for me

IMG_1952.JPG

IMG_1947.JPG

IMG_1946.JPG

IMG_1951.JPG

IMG_1952.JPG

IMG_1955.JPG

IMG_1948.JPG

IMG_1944.JPG

IMG_1950.JPG

Edited by vtr vince
the haw to do it your self

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links