Buying of 2nd 1 series

So at the start of 2015 I joined the ranks of the beamer owners club, sadly though I had to sell it before the summer. 

Since then I've had to drive around in a Fabia VRS, which while ok is such a come down. 

I'm now thinking about buying another BM, however wanted to know what the pitfalls of making slight stereo changes are. 

Ideally I'm thinking of buying another 123D M-Sport, I don't like nor do I want the head unit which will come with the car. However know making any change to a BM comes with the inherent danger of tripping one of a million computer errors. 

With that sad can anyone tell me if I was to change the head unit to an Alpine double din unit, am I likely to screw the electronics up or will I need to ask someone with a BM computer system to tell my car I'm now using something other than  the BM fitted stereo. 

If anyone can help with this I would be grateful, cheers in advance 

Thanks E46, I most definitely would be using the correct adapters and the like as I will want the stereo wheel controls to work with the new head until. 

I'm just a little worried I will trip an error or two on the way 😂

100% right on that, hence why I'm looking at buying another 123D, best car I've ever owned in my opinion and I've had some nice old school hot hatches :yahoo:

Just a shame about the location of the Cam Chain and that it's not got a USB input, or that BMW didn't just use (like Alpine)  a standard rear mounted USB cable input on the back of the head unit  :yes:

I was thinking about going for the Alpine ICS-X8 I'm a bit of an Alpine freak now days and like the fact that they have a rear USB connection and provide you with a good length of cable to root it where ever you like. However as its a normal USB cable you can just buy a normal cable if its not long enough, so its all good and user friendly they also use sweet amps in them so sound nice

Definitely, I have also been lead to believe that this kit will do the trick, but I may need to cut things about to make the kit fit in the dash.

I was also assured that the heating controls are below the head unit, which will look a lot better than if they sit above the head unit

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links