E92 - 320d - Need Help Please :( New Glow Plugs + Controller Still No Regen :(

Ryancope123

Hi Guys,

Firstly i would like to introduce myself, been hovering around the forum for over a year now and thought i best create an account.

I have a 57 plate 320D Coupe (Dredded N47), had a lot of issues in the 1 year of ownership, camchain replacement / thermostats etc... very unlucky !

I have just had all the glow plugs replaced and the controller unit also as the car was not performing a DPF regen, and i would greatly appreciate it if somebody with some know how can help me out :)

Below are some error codes that have popped up, I took the car for a 100 mile trip on the motorway today to see if it would regenerate and it didn't appear to regenerate however it did go upto 550 degrees for a short period of time minutes ( i hit a round about :( ) I have been back out tonight for another 60 mile trip to try and get it to get over 300 degrees but no luck :(

Are the below codes affecting the regeneration and would you mind helping me solve

Fault: Charge air temperature sensor - Code: 4391

Fault: Particle filter system - Code: 452A

Fault: Charge air temperature sensor - Code: 4390

Fault: Layer Generator Code: 4A07

Fault: :Oil Pressure Switch Oil Pressure status implausible engine operating condition - Code: 4CA0

Im guessing sensor ones are referring to the "boost pressure sensor", would somebody be able to provide a picture of where this is located please. I have just brought some MAF sensor cleaner to try and clean it out.

In addition to the above, the car is hesitant and a little "sluggish" at very low RPM, could this be related to the sensor throwing duff information, a picture of all easy to clean sensors would be appreciate ? i can then clean them all.

I really really appreciate the help guys, so far the last year of ownership has cost me £4k... ive had all sorts go wrong, so hoping for a bit of luck !

Coolant temperate is operating at 88-91 degrees, which apparently is normal according to other posts, I can run other metrics as well if necessary, exhaust temperate is 310 degrees @ 70MPH.

DPF backpressure is coming at at 1000 hpa ( i have just purchased Forte DPF cleaner) and will monitor over the next week to get this figure down, could this be the issue?

Thank you for your time, i appreciate it.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links