Retrofit 3.5Mm Jack Lead Point On E53 2006 X5

Have you checked the glove box to see if you have one?

To fit one you need to remove the headunit the loom to the headunit has a black 4 pin connector the usb/3.5 jack lead just plugs in then feed the lead into the glove box. I brought one with a Ipod connector, You will see Aux on the menu screen when its back together select Aux and go.

BMW bluetooth wont stream Music well not until the later E70.

yep checked everywhere for an input but no luck, whoever bought it first must have not wanted the option.

Was it easy enough to do? i watched an american guy on youtube do it but he managed to make it look complicated when swapping cables between connectors and im more mechanical than electrical so that scared the poo out of me. Dont suppose you remember which connector you bought? As you well know im sure ebay is loaded with options, i just want one that works well for a decent price.

thanks for getting back to me on both my posts btw i appreciate it.

The bluetooth issue i also have i dont think i have bluetooth fitted unfortunately. definitely nothing in that armrest storage area. Another great decision from the original buyer lol

Bummer

There are many who have fitted a Parrot system even though they have the OEM bluetooth fitted sadly the BMW technology isn't great. With the Parrot you could stream your Music and less pairing hassles, just a thought.

Mine has the Nav headunit taking it out is easy just be gentle levering off the surround I put masking tape around to protect things from scratches then 4 torx screws and move it forward follow the wiring from the back of the unit you will find a small connector mine was black. The lead I brought was from Radio World and called a BMW Aux input adapter, I fed a length of wire from the glove box up behind the dash and found it with my hand pulled it up taped the jack end of the lead to it and pulled it back through into the glove box. Connected the two plugs checked it worked OK and put everything back together from memory took about 2 hrs with tea and biscuits.

post-11171-0-90731100-1429224582_thumb.jpost-11171-0-90731100-1429224582_thumb.j

Is this what you are in about mate? This tricks the cd unit into thinking its playing the Cd Changer. Plug and play basically,and only a tenner. All this says is to plug it into the back of the head unit and feed through glovebox. You reckon i should go ahead and buy it?

Mine has an Ipod connector and the 3.5 Jack but same idea, mine cost £15 from memory.

As you have found stuff missing on yours I would take the headunit out first and make sure the connector is there. On mine it wasn't on the headunit it is in the loom about 6" back I followed the loom back and it was tucked in.

Good Luck

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links