New Buyer

Abz bmw

Hey guys

Interested in getting the BMW 1 series SE model. Wanted to ask if there's any reviews, good or bad, I should know about before buying. Will mainly b used for everyday driving to work. Getting the 2L diesel.

The car doesn't have a spare wheel, rather a puncture repair kit. What are your guys experience with this? Also is it expensive to run/maintain?

Anything I should be asking dealer? Any known faults?

Any hints/tips or general advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Abdul. It can be a bit quiet in the week as most Beemer owners work all hours to pay for their expensive lifestyles. I seem to spend half my life commuting to and from the City.

As far as the car goes. All BMW's may cost a little more than your Fords in Servicing and parts but their reliability means you find your hand in your pocket far less often.

If the car is going to be your daily driver an SE model is ideal. An M Sport may be great fun but to live with on a daily basis the harsh suspension can get on your nerves, especially if you do a lot of miles.

Most cars have those silly pump and gunge repair systems now rather than a spare. Mine has the run flats on it and to be honest I think I would prefer the gunge. The tyres are a lot cheaper and the ride is better.

If your looking for a 2.0 litre diesel the later ones are fine. It was the earlier N47 engines that had an issue with some timing chains going.

Like with any car, check it has full history and a close inspection of the bodywork, wheels and interior will show you if the car has been looked after or not. If you are not 100% happy, walk away.

• Like 1

Thanks for the helpful info/advise Bruce. Will take it into account.

Wasn't suggesting BMW owners don't work. I have a very busy job myself. Current car is Mercedes C class. In comparison their forum is a lot more helpful/active in my opinion.

Hi Abdul. My bit about working hard should have been followed by a LOL. It can be quiet at times on hear but seems to go in fits and starts. I suppose half term didn't help. I am a member of numerous forums and the others are mostly busy because of the issues people are having with their cars.

Running costs should be similar to a Merc depending on if it is Petrol or Deisel. Good luck with your search.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links