Looking To Buy Something With A V6

mike_msch

Hi all. My name is Mike. I've spent the last few months looking for my next car. I've narrowed it down to a 3 series couple 325 or 330. Me and my wife have been driving a 407 estate diesel and it's given us nothing but problems. We only drive the car for an average time of 40 minutes a day and it consumes diesal at 30 to 35mpg. So we have decided it's best to go back to petrol. I'm really just interested at the mpg for the 325 and 330. Are they much different if they are both driven in the same way. You see Monday to Friday our average speed is 30-40mph with on a few start and stops. So I'm a little curious to what my mpg might possible be with either a 325 or 330. I understand the mpg in a v6 can be terrible for some but I've been reading articles where people are getting 25 to 30 mpg. I think this will be the decision maker between a 325 or 330.

Thanks

Hi Mike 325 and 330 are to all intention and purpose the same engine, 325 is a lesser bhp, they are both "straight six" not V6 and the difference in MPG is little if anything, best to get a 330 as you will love the grunt and go when you require it, whatever you go for just make sure it has great service history, check for rust around all 4 wheel arches and the bottom of the front wings and around the boot lock. When starting cold listen for any rattles from the engine, make sure there are no warning lights on the dash. Front seats can suffer from wear on the bolsters but its an easy sort and in short just press every button and make sure it does what it say it should do!

Best to try and buy as new as you can afford, and remember and do an HPI check on what you decide.

Steve

Hi Micheal,

Top advice from our Steve there. Just to inforce, BMW don't do V6 engines but their straight-six engines are amazing :rolleyes:

Daz

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links