530D M Sport...

geniemac

Hi folks, I'm new to this site as I'm in the market for a 530d M Sport. I'm looking at a few that are around 07/08, they have to have the LCI facelift.

Do you know of any good ones out there? I've also been left a little confused as I have been looking at a 530d M Sport which, according to the DVA has a 2497cc engine. Surely they are all 2993cc?

Thanks

Your right. It seems your not the only one who has had DVLA list it incorrectly. I bet your insurance company have it as a 2993cc.

I think DVLA get confused by the 535 having a 3.0 litre engine and not a 3.5.

I have been told that BMW now do not label the second and third number as the engine size as was always the case. my friend has a 325D but according to them they were told it is a 3.0lt engine. also the 535d is a 3.0 lt diesel but it has 2 turbo's and not the single large one as the 530d. its confusing. I am still not convinced but don't use the dealers so can't confirm but apparently this is the case so I've been told.

This weird practice with naming isn't new, although it's certainly increased in its severity with the onslaught of FI cars.

For older examples think E36 323, E46 320, E39 523 & 540. There are plenty more, unfortunately.

Yes, the DVA have it as 2.5L, but the information supplied by SMMT is 3.0L. Auto Trader have it listed as 3.0L but the dealers website as 2.5L. They are also adamant that it is 2.5L (because the log book says so). I contacted BMW directly with the VRM and VIN and they say it is definitely 3.0L... So let's hope it is...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links