Welcome Lights

Diesel21

Hi all i have a small issue. The welcome lights front and back have stopped operating when i unlock the key via fob as usual. The lights in the door handles come on but thats it. They are switched on in the idrive and lights on auto. Weird. I \did earlier in the week before this started happening have a battery discharge warning that seems to have rectified itself. Any idea ?? 2010

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I can see the battery is the main issue and will stop this feature if it is low to save power. With the new battery in have you been doing short journeys, using your heated seats or just locking and unlocking the doors to see if the function is working?

Thanks for your reply btmaldon, i tried the lights straight after fitted new battery before i even moved it. Im wondering if even new batteries might still need a charge to give peak performance ?

Get the battery output checked (if you don't have the equipment to DIY) also get your alternator output checked to ensure it is charging the battery adequately.

When the car is asleep it will have a very small current draw (timers etc) put the key in and position 1 and don't start the engine and it can be up to 60 amps depending on spec. If you don't have one get a good battery charger/conditioner, Ctec is the one I have (same as BMW sell re-badged) even though my car gets used every day I still plug it in once a month.

I would also check the connectors at at the LCM and the earths, left hand side of the passenger footwell on the E53 plus all fuses sometimes re-seating connectors or fuses can restore continuity.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links