Help With Airbag Light Please.

vauxpartsuk

Hi guys.... Had the car a week... Done a 140 round trip this weekend averaging around 42mpg which im happy with. but the airbag light keeps coming on saying

"Driver restraint system fault" Pics below.... The fault code is 9763 "Driver seat identification sensor open circuit - Intermittent

Now im naff with stuff like this.. Ive had a look under the seat and the black box and moved the plugs none felt loose??

Isit a case of taking them out and plugging back in again? If so... do i disconnect battery at all?

If not, is there anyone local who could fix it for me? Obviously id pay.... but i just want it all to be working with no "bings" when i start the car lol.

Any info would be great please!

Pics of what the message says is below... PS its a 2006 (56) 730D

3684A006-A3A7-4176-9CFF-772E4D5A3799_zps

A0C7490C-5D55-48AB-BAF4-24B8707E0436_zps

Hi Adam. First of all welcome to the club.

It could well be the connections under the seat, especially if the seat has been moved about recently. Always disconnect the battery first though when it comes to these and yes, it may well be worth re-seating the connections.

It could also be the occupancy mat in the base of the seat. These have a tendency to go and may need replacing. I have no idea how to do this though but am sure you could find out how on the net. Alternatively you could look out for a bi-pass device on eBay that tricks the system into thinking that someone is sitting in the seat even when the actual sensor isn't working.

Good luck

Guest Mister Dabsy

Be careful with the diagnosis matey... You mentioned "Restraint system", that suggests the seat-belt clasps at fault and not any passenger issue... Get her plugged in BEFORE any possible accident as the air-bags will not deploy ;)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links