Changing The Oem Phone Cradle.

Steve_Goral

Hi there, I've currently got the OEM phone mount which I beleive is for the Motorola V50. Has anyone managed to work out away of swapping that for another mount? For say an iPhone or something?

Or am I looking at a connects2 or xcarlink type set up?

My cradle is shown below.

BMW5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jeffthro

No luck from anyone on replies to this one then, Steve. I've still got the same thing fitted in my w reg 328. My missus keeps moaning about it and I keep meaning to take it out, but still not done it yet. I think the main issue with actually replacing it would be if the controls on the steering wheel would still work, otherwise it would be a bit of a pointless exercise. I'm a lazy bugger always looking for the easiest solution, and I've just got a bluetooth earpiece which I stick in when I'm driving and just leave my mobile in the door pocket. Two small issues for that for me...............I've got cauliflower ears from my rugby days, and the !Removed! thing won't fit in very well, which is bad, but good is that I put it in my left ear then I don't hear my wife's passenger seat driving so much! :rolleyes:

Now thats a class idea, I'm looking at replacing the head unit with one of these, that way I can get rid of it and the wiring all together. And added bonus, I can fit a wireless reversing camera to stop me reversing into stuff. I learnt to drive in the military and it seems their standards are a lot lower than civvie tests so I'm a pretty hopeless driver.

xtrons.jpg

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links