X5 (F15) - Any Uk Forum Members With An Se With Paddle Gear Shifters On The Steering Wheel?

Richard M

Hello there,

I’m about to order an X5 xDrive30D SE in the UK and I was hoping to get paddle gear shifts on the steering wheel.

I know it’s a standard feature of the M Sport. The dealer has said it’s possible on an SE but I can’t find any BMW
documentation which supports this.

I don’t want to pay £4k extra to get an M Sport just to get the paddle shifters!

My guess would be I’d need the Sports Steering Wheel (“255” on the options list) plus possible also Sports Automatic
Transmission (“2TB”) which is what you’d spec on a 5 series to get this. But there’s nothing in the brochure or options list which states this.

I was hoping there might be someone on the forum who has a SE in the UK who has paddle shifters and can tell me which
options they ordered to get it, or perhaps a dealer who can confirm this with some supporting documentation?

Thanks!

Richard

Can't speak for the F15 but several E53 owners have retro fitted Paddle shifts as I understand it there are 2 systems SMG and DSG. Reading other threads on other forums you need the steering wheel, a matching contact ring for the steering column and the loom to the selector mechanism.

My personal experience for what it's worth, I have had paddle shifts on two cars and really never used it. Just like the manual select sport gearbox only used for a few times when new after that if sits in full auto, but then I am an old bloke!!

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links