Brake Discs

simon fisher

Thanks. I had thought that and so replaced those already. basically i had the wobble so replaced the discs and pads, it remained so replaced the front control arms, thrust arms, changed the wheels to ensure they were not the issue, new tyres to rule that one out and now back to discs. I am taking it to a rolling brake test tomorrow that can tell if the discs are worn, very new latest bit of kit. I hope it is the discs now as run out of idea's. oh yes and its peeing me off.

That is normally the case when the pads haven't been allowed to bed in properly. I have had the same symptoms on a few cars and replaced just the pads. I took it easy and avoided heavy braking for around 200 miles and all was fine after that.

Did you give yours a chance to bed in? If not they may have cooked.

Have recently fitted pagid discs and pads on a 530d and the guy warped them in a few weeks

Fitted the same again under warranty for him, told him to take it easy and bed them in properly

And had no problems since.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Mister Dabsy

TBH I think the pads would've been the culprit as I have NEVER had issues with discs, just the pads overheating way too quickly and transferring to the other components... Moral of the story is :- Don't dismiss the quality of a part if there are other factors involved such as shite pads :D

Glad you're sorted buddy ;)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links