Can You Retro Fit Heated Rear Seats?

Bowen M

Can anyone help?

I have just been told that our new X5 has arrived in stock at the dealers. They started doing the inspection and noticed the heated rear seats have been missed. We had this feature on our last X5 and we used it a lot. Is it possible to have heated rear seats retro fitted after collection and not affect the BMW warranty? Does anyone know who can do it and how much? We have to let the dealer know if we want the car tomorrow. If we have it I need to get my money back for the costs of the retro fit. If we order a new car with them they say I can't have the same discount due to new BMW price freezing. Any help ASAP would be appreciated.

Mark

Hi

Wow just reading your post the dealer sounds an arrogant ****!! They (Dealer & BMW) have not full filled your original order yet he gives a "take it or leave it" option with the threat of lost discount if you reject the car, words fail me.

I have read on other forums that heated rear seats are a fairly easy retro fit (well on the E53) as all the looms are there it's a case of getting the seats switches and relays. The big issue would be finding seats which match your interior (colour and condition) but why should you risk warranty etc.

A question I would ask is, why can't your dealer get the seats direct from BMW and retro fit them ?? After all it is a !Removed! up by them (Dealer and BMW) all they would be doing is full filling your original order. I personally would put as much pressure on the Dealer as possible including being prepared to walk away with your money, plus seek compensation for delay, distress etc etc, and remember it's the end of the month and they won't want a big hole in their sales target and fat commissions (probably the reason for the cavalier take it or leave it).

• 3 weeks later...

Heated rear seats are now fitted. The BMW garage arranged for someone to come in and install them. He was supposed to fit the BMW factory fit buttons under the four zone air con unit, but the fitter gave some excuse why he couldn't and fitted his own buttons either side of the 12v sockets. I think it was easier for him and the dealership just fell for his excuse and said ok. A bit disappointed but at least I have heated seats and a dealership warranty.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links