1 Series Convertible Roof Rattle

Hi. I recently bought a 2008 Series 1 convertible and there is a slight rattle coming from the front left side of the roof when the roof is closed. It stops if you put a bit of upward pressure on the front of the roof where it meets the windscreen. Is there anything I can adjust to stop it, without it being a major job. I imagine it may be a bit of play between the securing lever and whatever it fits against above the windscreen. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone else has this problem I've sorted it. The front plastic trim is held in place with 6 plastic grommets and star head screws. The screws were spinning in the grommets so were not tight enough to hold the trim in place. 6 new grommets and screws cost less than a fiver from BMW ( I know, I expected to pay 4 times that amount). The grommets simply push into place and the screws tighten into them.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links