Z3 Alarm Inclination Sensor Connector Wiring Repair

G-Dog

Hi

Seeking a bit of assistance.

After trouble shooting the alarm on my W Reg (2000) 2.0L BMW Z3 mysteriously going off randomly, I found that the well on the LHS of the boot had been full of water, submerging the Inclination sensor, causing it to corrode and no doubt trigger false alarms. I understand from trawling online information this is quite a common issue, with water ingress likely when the vehicle is parked facing uphill.

Water damaged sensor removed and a 2nd hand replacement sensor ordered online, I've set about repairing the connector wiring that had corroded and seperated from the unit (see photo). I've bought a new connector and wires from the dealer, so cutting the old one off and connecting the new should have been straight forward........

The problem is that there are 5 existing wires, 6 ports within the new connector, and 3 wires that have broken free so I don't know which port they should connect into.

Has anyone got a photo of an intact connector? Also, 3 of the wires are black with a red stripe; are they interchangeable or do they need to be in specific ports (no doubt another issue if they do).

post-8834-0-53755800-1403355257_thumb.jp

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links