Hi, New Bmw Owner

Buptaboy

Hi All,

Thought now I actually have my 325 it was time to drop you all a line and say Hi!

Picked up my 2002 E46 yesterday and love it so far.... The beast is on 92,000 miles and I am the 3rd owner since new. It had full BMW service history and is mechanically sound. It wasn't the exact spec that I wanted but figure I have a few years to make some changes to fully satisfy my taste for this model.

Are there any tell tale signs I need to be aware of that lead to catastrophic problems if not attended to in the early stages?

Oh yeah, the screen wash jets struggle to push anything out but don't seem blocked at all. Any ideas what this could be and how to resolve??

Look forward to being part of "the club"!! lol

Welcome to the club Rob. Glad your pleased with the motor. Im not aware of any common issues with the screen washers. There may be some gunk partially blocking the pipes or the motors are a little tired.

Cool, thanks for welcome. A neighbour suggested that it may be the out feed of the tank and I noticed there was some crap hanging about in there. Are there any guides on how to remove and clean, or easier than that, something i can pour in that will clear it?

Hi and welcome to the club Rob. First things first, please post some pictures as we all like to have a look at newbies motor.

Screen washers, sorry nothing in the 'How to Guides' but my guess is similar to your neighbour, crud in the bottle. Perhaps you could write a 'How to Guide' if you attempt the removal and subsequent clean and refit.

BTW don't forget those piccies ;-)

Guest Mr.Beemer

welcome to the forum Rob - :)

go to a garage & tell them to use air pressure to blow down the washer jets to see if that cures it. you most likely got some gunk down in the washer bottle which blocking the pump.

all the best -

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Looked at the washer jet issue earlier today and found that the outlet filter on the one way valve was gunked up quite heavily. Was able to complete the job in less than 30 mins and didn't have to waste any of the washer fluid that was in the tank as I drained off into a bottle and cleaned out the tank. Will attempt to get a how 2 written up when I have some time to get pics etc.

On the subject of adding some pics, how do I? I managed to change my profile pic but couldn't work out how to add a gallery to put more pics in.

Hi, I'm new to the BMer family so as not to be rude I thought I'd pop in and say hi. This is my first BMW, I've previously had Vauxhalls, Ford's and a little Rover 25, but now I'm happy to be one of you guys too. I now own 53 plate 320d saloon, wearing 150K, but she drives like she's done half that. Well maintained and looked after. I will leave it there for now but no doubts I will be requiring answers to something in the near future. Have a good day all. L8trz. ☺

Welcome to the clan Steve!

I made the mistake of owning a vauxhall the last 8 years and finally I plucked up the courage to change to a real car! lol. I had so many problems over the years with my Astra, but what I can be thankful for is that I learnt a lot from making repairs to that money pit of a car, and saved a fortune doing it myself. I too believe I have bought a sound machine that is still in it's toddler stages (maybe I should expect some tantrums soon!) but I have some plans to change/upgrade bits on her and quite possibly take the car modders motto of spending money on upgrades not repairs!

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links