Rocker Gasket Choice??!!

Sam528i

Hi all

Been noticing a slight burning il smell when stop the car and turn her off

I have noticed a sligh drip of oil from the rocker gasket I presume and it's going onto the exhaust heat shield and I gather that's why I am getting burnt oil smell

20140604_141932_zps3c085131.jpg

Now I have looked on ebay and seems to be a lot of choices of gasket

Can anyone link me to the right one for my

Bmw

E39

530i

Petrol

Thanks in advance

.sam.

Guest jeffthro

Its a recognised issue on ebay that their make/model/year parts guides are a bit iffy. Your best bet is to phone one of the main parts suppliers with you reg. number, one of the bigger guys on ebay will be fine. They will get exact model from the reg., and if there were to be any issues, they would be liable to replace/refund.

Its a recognised issue on ebay that their make/model/year parts guides are a bit iffy. Your best bet is to phone one of the main parts suppliers with you reg. number, one of the bigger guys on ebay will be fine. They will get exact model from the reg., and if there were to be any issues, they would be liable to replace/refund.

Thanks mate I shall get onto it

Guest DazH

I done a rocker cover gasket job on your engine about a month ago. Same engine but diff displacement (M54B25)

Pick it up from EuroCarParts nice and cheap. Use code BMWOC25, should still work.

Important - I strongly advise you use Loctite 5910 between the cylinder head and the gasket. You will find it will most likely leak if you decide not to. BMW advise this step.

Also worth noting that the old gasket (If original) will be WELDED to the bolts surrounding the spark plug wells. DON'T try to break it off because the rubber is now like plastic and it will shatter into your cam galleys. Best advice I can give to get around this is to use a 'deep' 10mm(if i remember correctly) socket and gently undo the bolt to remove the plastic-like gasket. If you're confused now, don't worry... it's become clear soon don't you worry :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links