530I Induction Kits

Sam528i

Hi all on the look out for an induction kit or cone type air filter for my 530i

Can't afford to pay the earth but would like something so that I can hear that 3.0 straight six come to life

Also any back box ideas ???

Anyone got any pics of set ups on the 530i or similar???

If anyone has links etc that would be brill

Thanks in advance

.sam.

Guest DazH

Hey Sam.

The default for your engine is a "Panel Filter" over a cone. They work just as good in my experience and do indeed bring out that straight-six raw. Dabsy sold me his Piper-Cross one for my 728i (Similar engine) and yes, i was impressed.

Failing that, if you WANT the cone, you'll need to fork out the price of a 57i K&N system. Why? Because any thing else in my opinion will be naff. You'll be able to easily pick up a 57i kit MADE for your E39 with the brackets already included. Brackets are important as you do away with your air-box...

Daz

Hey Sam.

The default for your engine is a "Panel Filter" over a cone. They work just as good in my experience and do indeed bring out that straight-six raw. Dabsy sold me his Piper-Cross one for my 728i (Similar engine) and yes, i was impressed.

Failing that, if you WANT the cone, you'll need to fork out the price of a 57i K&N system. Why? Because any thing else in my opinion will be naff. You'll be able to easily pick up a 57i kit MADE for your E39 with the brackets already included. Brackets are important as you do away with your air-box...

Daz

Cheers daz

So a performance panel filter replacement will still give that throaty straight six raw etc???

Spotted this just now not sure if any good as you said k&n only if you was to go for one

(Obviously the one for the 530)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350633758917?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Cheers

Sam

Guest DazH

It does look okay but... still, I stick to what I know works well.

Honestly honestly, I believe all performance cones will work better than the standard paper filters but, I believe if you're going to do something, do it properly. But this really is just MY mentality and I'm sure alot of folk will disagree with me when it comes to such situation.

I was very happy with my performance panel filter.

Daz

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links