Cooling System

Hogy17

Could anyone help me , im having a problem with my cooling system , a couple of days ago was driving and ateam starter coming from under the bonnet , when i stopped and opened it there was what i thought was water sprayed over the left hand side of the engine, i think now it was coolant because although i keep topping up the system the warning light keeps coming on , was going to try and get in about to see if it could be a pipe come loose so i could fix it but not sure if its alot of work to get into the pipework ? Is it worth trying myself or wpuld it be better to take to the garage ?

As long as you can locate where the issue is you should be able to tell if it is accessible or not and how easy it is to fix. The fact that you keep topping it up suggests the coolant is coming out somewhere, so should be easy to locate, however if it is just a split hose I would have thought a good indy garage would sort it fairly cheaply.

Guest jeffthro

Really not a very good idea to keep driving under those circumstances for too long. If there is an issue, it could be making things worse. I'd get into a garage as soon as you can and get it looked at. Could be a really simple little fix like a split pipe.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links