K&n Induction Kit

need some advice about the k&n induction kits.thinking about fitting one on my 318 . want to know if its a bad move , or good choice . does any one out there have one fitted to their beamer , if not the k&n then what type have you got . reason i want to fit one is for better take of in 1st,2nd and 3rd gears

Guest Mister Dabsy

It'll certainly sound better but very little benefit except for the cooler air... Just replace the panel-filter with a performance one and let the ECU adapt to it ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Mark iv just taken off a K and N induction kit from my 320 Ci e46. Its like Mr Dabsy said you'll get very little if any extra horses. Yes I noticed a slight induction noise increase (only when I floored it through the gears) but then I saw a considerable drop in MPG. If you want to try my kit drop me a personal msg. Cheers bud.

Guest DazH

"Shouldn't" see a drop in MPG. If anything, an increase as the engine can breath better therefore better quality combustion. Could be wrong but i imagine your drop is directly related to you enjoying the new "wooosh" sound acheived by the kit therefore, floor it a bit more often! hahaha fair play to ya. Anyway, that's the theory.

I like induction kits for the sound. C'mon. we all like them coz of the sound surely! ^_^

Daz

OK OK so I loved it............................iv got to go ahead and explain it all now!................it would be the fault of another Darren. Yeh you know who you are.....(DazH)

I saw the Kand N kit for the car about a week after id been and picked up the motor. ( the week before when I travelled to Peterbourgh on my Fire Storm too view her, I was pulled over for speeding during the return trip...... "do you have any idea of the speed you were traveling at sir? "i would imagine it was around the mid Eighties Officer. "AND THE REST" he replied.

"this device will now show you your recorded speed.............................98mph...........Really top bloke dealt with it by means of a fixed penalty (£100) and 3 points.

Iv gone off tangent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Ooooh iv got to have one of them I said. (induction kit)

Your 45 not 25 says the missus!...."I know, I know" I said (quick Darren think of some thing technical) "it'll massively improve the MGP of the car!!!!!!!......While she's still looking at me like iv just asked her to marry me in Swahili, I say "miles per gallon" "trust me my sweetheart its a good thing for all involved.

"you already spend too much time with that car" she starts to moan........."oh god, not again" im thinking....anyway im ranting. I'll cut this one short. In my infinite BMW Owners wisdom, all of a couple of weeks, I decided that the Lovely K and N induction filter required and deserved more fresh air than any other item under the bonnet. Consequences of me re-routing the air ducting from the ALTERNATOR too help out that Lovely K and N induction filter was too say the least DISASTEROUSE. Hence I had to pay Mr AA £158 for a recovery home to Great Yarmouth after breaking down on the bl#@dy A11. Replacements on its way.

Please don't all shun me now!!!!!!!!! Iv learnt my lesson I promise

I have a Pipercross induction kit on my Coupe and a K&N on my touring. I like the "Whooosh" as Daz said but I think I'm going to change to original air box but with a K&N panel filter maybe with a few holes to get some extra air in :). One thing I would say if you go with the cone make sure you run some kind of fresh air feed to it,

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links