Advice Req'd For A Newbie

Gingerlugs

Hi all,

After owning 13 minis I have now had a change of heart and bought a 2004 318 sport. I had to get a new lambda sensor today and reset the fault so one dashboard light has gone off however the display is showing that I have a bulb out (picture on dash of display of car from top view with red light at rear off side) when I actually don't. If I turn my side or headlights on the warning light goes out after thirty seconds and stays off even if I turn my headlights off again! #doingmynutin

Also reversing sensors and just sounds whatever tune they want to play to themselves, no matter how far I am away from any car. Do they just need replaced or is there a control unit or similar that will need done?

Other than that I love the car to bits, however these little niggles are bugging the hell out of me, so any advice would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Craig aka gingerlugs

hi mate.have you checked all bulbs are working in the cluster? i had the same problem at the front of mine and thought it was the main beam but it turned out to be a sidelight.do you have led of hid bulbs?

as far as the sensors are concerned put the car in reverse gear and go round to the sensors and put your hands by them.get your ear really close and listen for a clicking.this shows the sensors are working properly(obviously do this with the car not running)in the first key position i think.

hope this helps

Hi mart77,

I have checked and all my lights round the car are fully operational. They are just standard lights and not led or otherwise. So an other suggestions would be fab.

I will try your tip for the reversing sensors tomorrow, so thanks very much

Craig aka gingerlugs

Matt77,

Tried listening to the sensors this morning and sure enough, three of them clicked and one didn't! Have ordered one from ebay and will fit it soon, so thanks very much. Have double checked all my lights this morning and they all work perfectly- so any advice from anyone re my dash lights would be greatly appreciated.

Craig

Ok, so the bulb ends in the number plate light were corroded and when I removed the bulb, the bulb holder spade connection snapped off!!! So, I went and got a replacement from a scrappie (only £3) soldered it back in place, got two new bulbs (only 43p), put them in and now both number plate lights now work! (#feelingsmug)

Only issue is that the light has still went out on the dashboard!!!!!

Someone please help!

Craig

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links