Folding Mirrors

Diesel21

Hi there I have recently bought a X5 XDrive M 3.0D, its on a 2010 and has electric mirrors but NOT folding, which is bizarre, considering its original purchase price, its width and all of its competitors have them. Is there any way to get these folding at all. Thanks in advance. :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there. Have a new X5 on order. Think, you maybe right about folding electrical exterior mirrors. There´s no mention of it anywhere on the sales pages. And yes, I agree, that´s an inexcusable omission on the part of BMW. Particularly on the wide car like X5. Hope, someone from BMW is reading this and either proves us wrong or will take the necessary steps to correct this anomaly.

Thanks for your reply Karel as I have had no replies to my comment which is a shame as I would like some feedback from members. My friend has just bought a !Removed! Kia and that has them too :blink: !! I wondered if there was motors in there to potentially fold in, but it was an option not ticked by the original buyer. Maybe wishful thinking on my behalf !

I cant comment on the E70 and newer but with the E53 the drivers window control unit had a small button allowing the mirrors to fold in. They can also be coded to fold in on locking. Something dealers were happy to take your money for!!

If you dont have the power fold button on the window control then you may be out of luck. I think all the mirrors have the motors but you will be missing the sensors in the mirror mechanism and probably the power loom plus the switch unit.

I totally agree that on so called "Prestige" car it is a glaring omission, though BMW have always had a thing about getting customers to pay for "extra specification" to personalize their cars.

You know "windows sir of course we can add those they are just??" "steering wheel of course sir we have an excellent choice of those"

For all their faults though they are good cars

• 2 weeks later...

Well as far as the option for fold-in mirrors for X5, there´s no option listed in the options list..............so if no fold-in mirrors in standard offering, then simply a bad luck.......I think.......

How weird that the mirrors don't show on the option list !! I guess you have asked BMW, crazy

I have a friend who has just taken delivery of a new (2014) F25 X3 (with power folding mirrors) and a new (2014) Mini Cooper without folding mirrors ??

The BMW Dealer and BMW UK told him you have to have power memory seats to have power folding mirrors he asked how much the seats were for the mini and was told "Oh we don't do those for the Mini" crazy. He has however found a kit online which allows folding of the mirrors from the key fob???

As has been said earlier this is something that's pretty much standard on cars costing less than a third of the price of a BMW. So come on BMW wake up!!

X5 F15 Exterior mirrors - folding auto-dimming, after a very time consuming extensive search the option discovered under optional equipment - exterior equipment.........so no more worries...........

Thank´s mate, I´m lucky. I have included an advantage package with my X5 order and the above option is apparantely part of that package.............(according to the local dealer).

• 1 month later...

X5 xDrive40d delivered on 29/08/2014. White and beautiful and with functioning folding ext. mirrors. What a relief! (Have a very narrow garage) Well, it would probably make it even without folding, although it would be a near miss situation every time I use the car.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links