Slow Puncture

Hi Guys,

Have any of you had a problem with a slow puncture and getting it fixed. Am only asking because my 2002 E46 330Ci has a slow puncture and when I went to get it repaired they said it was the wheel rim not the tyre that was at fault. As in a build up of corrosion on the inside of the rim were the tyre when it's inflated.

So it's got to be sandblasted & a new tyre fitted. As there not run flat tyres the previous owner must have drive on it when deflated.

Phil

Personally, I would take it to another garage for a second opinion. Also, a clear photo of your rim would be helpful to give you our opinion. A nice, high definition straight on image would be great

Daz

My mate had recently a slow puncture on his Mazda 6 estate, it turned out it was exactly the same situation as in case of OP: the wheel was damaged (dented on the inside of the rim), which led to a constant loss of pressure in the tyre.

He had to had his rim restored to factory condition and had to fit a new tyre. Since then, the problem was gone.

My only personal experience with a slow puncture was a nail stuck in the front tyre. I was driving like this for maybe a month, until one day the tyre just gave in and blew up. Fortunately, I was just taking off from home. Nothing serious though.

Hi Phil am afraid your tyre fitter was correct, we often have to get BMW alloys refurbed for this very problem, the air we inflate them with has moisture in it and over the years it takes it toll, the fitter would have seen if the rim was dented so that wont be the issue, and MV and MV2 alloys are a real pain for it.

Regards

Stephen

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links